Unique opportunity to work at the intersection of venture capital and SpaceTech with a global investment remit covering all stages from pre-seed to pre-IPO!
This is your opportunity to join Seraphim Capital as an Investment Associate to work on the intersection of venture capital and SpaceTech with the team that managed one of Europe’s most successful venture capital funds of the last 5 years.
About the role
As an Investment Associate you will be part of our London-based Investment Team and report into one of our Directors. Your remit will cover activities within deal origination, deal execution and portfolio work as well as fund operations. Without being too prescriptive your responsibilities will likely cover:
- Evaluating/ filtering of investment opportunities
- Meetings with management teams of potential investee businesses
- Acting as first point of contact/ liaison with entrepreneurs, co-investors and consultants
- Attending pitch events/ networking
- Building profile and relationships with angels, seed funds, growth funds and other players within VC ecosystem
- Deep-dive research into key investment/ emerging tech themes
- Assisting with due diligence, including commercial, financial, technical, and regulatory
- Leading on financial analysis and financial modelling
- Assisting in preparation of investment papers
- Conducting market analysis, desktop research
- Monitoring portfolio company performance and assisting in the compilation of portfolio company reports
- Acting as one of the team’s contacts for management teams
- From time to time and as required supporting specific portfolio company projects
- Supporting preparation of quarterly reports
- Contributing to the fund’s thought leadership, social media and web presence
First and foremost we are looking for someone who fits well into our team and brings a set of experiences and skills that add to ours. This is hard to judge before we meet, but below should give you a first idea of what we are looking for.
Really, we want someone who is truly passionate about the opportunity to work both in venture investing and within the space ecosystem, but you do not need to be a “space nerd” (yet).
However, together with your passion we need you to bring a certain level of analytical and technical skills and the ability to succinctly summarise your thoughts in writing. And ideally you already have experience in venture or growth investing.
- About 4 years of work experience ideally in venture/ growth capital or alternatively in strategy consulting, investment banking or another environment that demonstrably taught you analytical skills (both on markets and businesses), financial modelling and investing. If you are already a deep tech investor, even more exciting!
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to succinctly summarize your thoughts and analysis in writing, prepare/ deliver management presentations and public speaking
- Experience managing junior team members on deals or projects
- Self-starter, capable of executing tasks and projects independently. We are a small team, so there is no hiding
- Completed undergraduate or graduate degree that taught you something relevant. If this happens to be a technical degree with relevance for what we do, even better!
- Fluent in English, but we love it when you speak another language fluently
- Right to work in the UK
For some more details and to apply please see here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/seraphim-space/jobs/